For all private therapy enquiries please contact email@example.com
Price: £45 per session
Covering topics such as: stress, anxiety, depression, trauma, grief and bereavement, relationships, self-image, building confidence and so much more!
Read more from Karolina herself:
We have all faced adversity – unfortunately, going through painful experiences is a given. Sometimes it makes us feel like our problems are not important enough, big enough, serious enough to share. WELL, THEY ARE! Not processing our stuff can lead to mental health issues like anxiety, depression, addiction, and other mood or personality disorders. I believe we all deserve to work through the pain and live happy lives on our terms.
- Make sure that you know everything about how our sessions are going to work before we start and answer all your questions about me and therapy throughout.
- Offer you a safe, judgement-free space to work through your stuff whether it’s online or in person.
- Welcome ANY feelings you bring – there are no ‘good’ or ‘bad’ emotions – there are the ones we think are acceptable and the ones we think are not. Well, they all are acceptable and very welcome.
- Express my thoughts and emotions freely and kindly – I am a human being and what you bring into the room is going to affect me, there is nothing wrong with that.
- Protect your confidentiality and autonomy at all times.
- Commit to giving you my best service by adhering to ethical protocol, having regular supervision, benefitting from continuous professional development.
Theory and Experience
I work with Transactional Analysis through a trauma-informed lens. I deliver the stabilisation phase of trauma therapy as I combine TA models with the STAIR protocol and grounding. I have BSc in Psychology and I have now come to the end of my Therapeutic Counselling training in Transactional Analysis. I have also completed a certificate in Grief and Bereavement Counselling, Brainspotting Phase 1, Rewind Therapy and introduction to Narrative Exposure Therapy training.
I am based in Aberystwyth and I see clients both face-to-face and on Zoom. I am a member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) and I am very competent in providing online counselling.
What is Transactional Analysis?
Transactional Analysis has three simple yet empowering principles –
- I’m okay – you’re okay.
- We can all think.
- We all make decisions early in life and we are capable of changing them later in life.
We all have three ‘ego states’ – Parent (learned messages from our caretakers), Child – our learned responses to those messages, and Adult – our rational responses to ‘here and now’. According to Transactional Analysis, at least one of the ego states at a time is active within us as a response to triggers of our daily lives.
When we are young, we internalise relationships with our carers and people around us and we carry a lot of that into our adult lives. Trauma, whether it’s a one time or recurring incident, can undoubtedly form how we view the world and ourselves. The whole world can become a threatening place in our eyes, in everything we do.
In therapy, by looking within, we can find ways to give ourselves the safety, love, nourishing we need and deserve. In other words, we go back in time and hug our hurt self, so we can build a future that allows us to function and live a fulfilling life. We cannot change our past, but we can find ways to heal from awareness, acceptance, forgiveness and self-love.